Safe and Secure Embedded Linux OS
A Perfect Balance of Creative Innovation & Reliable Engineering Design for Embedded Linux OS
L4B Software specializes in secure and safe embedded Linux. We’ve supported Linux for embedded systems since 2004 and contribute to the Linux source code frequently, which has enriched the operating system and increased its popularity in business. Our comprehensive experience allows us to deliver optimized operating systems that support custom boards and proprietary hardware. The entire Development Life Cycle is performed in-house with transparent project management that keeps our customers involved. We have proven experience in a wide range of industries, including Automotive, Industrial Automation, and custom solutions for Consumer Electronics.
Board Support Packages
Due to our knowledge and hands-on experience, we create a board support package (BSP) that fits distinct hardware to each project, proprietary hardware support, board bring-up, or specific communication protocols. L4B also creates a custom API for existing hardware and develops custom bootloaders (u-boot), and kernel enhancements, integrating off-the-shelf drivers, and device drivers for custom boards and custom embedded Linux. Furthermore, we support various standard file systems and build environments like Buildroot, Yocto, and many more. L4B has earned a reputation for providing high-quality solutions for projects with complex requirements and unique demands.
Our solutions support various hardware and software architectures with Yocto recipes, builds, scripts, and customization, which allow our OEM customers to build and provide stable, traceable, and secure Linux that aligns with the community mainline features and BSP.
Since Linux is an open-source project, we can offer a mainlining service. It allows us the ability to give you feedback for your custom Linux solutions and removes any constraints your product has on a specific Linux distribution. It guarantees full protection of your proprietary intellectual property as a result.
We specialize in the development of middleware software to wrap low-level functionality of your hardware using:
- Custom APIs – we create a set of commands for your hardware operating under the regular Linux interface.
- Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) — we create software solutions for your hardware to connect seamlessly to the standard Linux interface. For instance, we will customize a Human Interface Device inserted into the Linux code in such a way that the Linux upper-level fully supports the device.
- Migration — we keep your code conventions and functions transparent to the application layer when migrating to Linux from a different architecture or OS.
- SDKs and wrappers — we supply a software development kit fully featured and well documented for the future development of software products.
- Development Tools and IDE integration.
- Real-Time Linux – Real-Time Linux is a specific patch under the normal Linux system that transforms an OS into a Real-Time OS. This mode of operation allows control over real-time operation processes.
The Real-Time (RT) capability provides process timing management, priority management, and external peripherals timing while maintaining the normal Linux system tasks and services. This feature extends the abilities of Linux for embedded systems. It’s opening a wide range of options for specialized embedded hardware requirements.
We have the knowledge and experience to offer you, custom-made drivers, with extensive APIs custom-built to your requirements. L4B works with the hardware timing constraints while revealing an API for the user space that allows full control to the user and all the other features that the Linux system can offer.
We provide exceptional and safe software products under ISO regulations and high-quality standards. Contact us today for more information.
You must be logged in to post a comment.