Custom Secure Android OS for OEM (AOSP)
L4B Software has more than 10 years of extensive experience since Android 2.2 in building custom-made and secure Android as an Operation System (OS).
Our OS experts can customize and build your Android OS to fit your product and hardware components.
What is a Custom Android?
- A custom Android is a full Android system package, including all software levels. L4B develops and customizes the Android Layers based on your product requirements.
- Customized look and feel of the Android system (rewriting of the Android launcher)
- Individual memory management and system speed-up.
- Customized SDKs – we can supply a well-documented SDK with a custom Android to allow the general public or your in-house developers to create applications designed for on top of your customized Android.
What are the Benefits of Building a Custom Operating System?
- Support – each manufacturer uses a different set of hardware components to create a device. The prevailing number of components is supported by standard AOSP distribution. Even when this is the case, the manufacturer might want the hardware to operate differently or provide extra features that missing support in the AOSP code.
- L4B produces software packages that fully support the requested hardware and has all features enabled according to client specification.
- SDK/NDK – in the Open-Source Android and Linux environment, a manufacturer that produces SDKs for operating hardware an added advantage. The Open-Source community can create content for the device, which in turn raises the use of this device.
- L4B produces closed, secure OS APIs fitting the requirements to your system. It also works in the other direction – e.g., particular APIs and functionality can be disabled.
- Performance – building Android as a custom operating system opens up a wide range of possibilities regarding optimization such as memory management, power consumption, and other aspects of a system that can produce a better product.
- Appearance – a custom operating system opens the possibility of designing a unique launcher for a device, giving a product a unique feel and look. The custom OS solution opens an endless range of modifications and changes for the Android system, and L4B can offer tailor-made solutions that meet various demands based on your requirements.
Securing & Hardening the Android OS
Security-Enhanced Android is a project that enables security enhancements for the Android system. First and foremost, the project aims to integrate the existing SE Linux system into the Android system. SE Android allows a manufacturer to restrict the damage that can be done by flawed or malicious apps. It can limit access to the apps running on the device to certain aspects of the system that are deemed sensitive.
Many other security features can be implemented as well. In the embedded industry specifically, there is an emerging need for security from the software level down to the hardware level. L4B helps in defining the security needs and implements the systems to handle identified threats.